122km, One Way, Flat, Easy, Rail Trail, 12 hours.
Cycle the longest Rail Trail in Australia through lovely valleys, wide open farmland with sweeping vistas all the way from Tallarook to Mansfield. Love the farms, blue mountains, the Cheviot Tunnel, the picnic areas and charming country towns. It is perfect for your first cycle tour or one to simply enjoy!
Best Things about This Ride
- Wonderful iconic Australian vistas.
- Lots of towns and tiny places to stop and explore. Yea, Tallarook, Bonnie Doon, Molesworth, Merton and more!
- The Cheviot Tunnel
- The bridge at Bonnie Doon
- Mansfield Railway Station complete with original light fittings.
- Yarck home to the Giddy Goat, Yarck Pies and the Yarck hotel. Stop a while and enjoy!
- Beautiful side trips through the wetlands and park lands.
- Fun parks for the kids to play. Lots of short trips.
- Mertons Gap and the views
- Great trail surface – solid and fast
- Camping areas with horse corrals.
Things to Watch out for
Cycle this route anytime – in winter pick a sunny week and you will love it! In summer watch for the cooler days. .
- Short DescriptionA wonderful cycle on a solid surface. Iconic Australian vistas through the valleys and over to the hills, the gourmet town of Yarck,, the railway station at Mansfield, fresh food and country hospitality, interesting history
- Trip PlanningStart at any of the towns. Train access at Tallarook
- RegionNorth East Victoria
- StartTallarook, Mansfield
- AccessTrain Tallarook or Car
- TrafficRail Trail
- SurfaceExtremely good and quite fast, short sections a little rocky
- SeasonsAll - pick your days in winter