76km + 26km rtn side trip, Loop, Easy/Medium, Flat, Sealed/Unsealed, Road/Paths
Cycle along the banks of the Shoalhaven River over to the crystal-clear waters of Jervis Bay Marine Park, and back again, along quiet country roads, hidden tracks and even a boat transfer. Come in winter when you can take a whale cruise. Stay overnight at Jervis Bay and enjoy a weekend away!
Best Things about This Ride
- Beautiful River views.
- Historic Jindy Andy built by convicts.
- Magnificent Callala Bay
- Travel by boat to Huskisson.
- The amazing white sands of Jervis Bay
- Whale watching season in winter on Jervis Bay
- Beautiful places to stay or camp.
- Wonderful local produce and wines.
- Side trip to amazing beaches
Things to Watch out for
Cycle this route anytime – in winter pick a sunny day and you will love it!
Book the ferry at Myola Jetty before you get there. Or contact Jervis Bay Wild who will collect you as part of their Jervis Bay Wild Dolphin and Whale Tour.
Could be busy on short sections near Jindy Andy especially in summer holidays.
- Short DescriptionA beautiful day or weekend ride. Cycle from the wide Shoalhaven river to Jervis Bay home to the whitest sand in the world. Love the return on quiet country roads
- Trip PlanningLoop ride; train to Bomaderry start
- RegionNSW South Coast
- Distance76km +26km side trip rtn
- Time8 hours plus ferry transfer
- AccessTrain or Car
- TrafficQuiet but one section busy in holiday periods.
- SeasonsAll, watch for accommodation in holiday periods.