35km, Flat, Easy
Follow the lovely Moonee Ponds Creek green corridor from Melbourne Airport for a relaxing, traffic free cycle to the centre of the city. Learn about the stories and historical figures of Melbourne and also those of the local Aboriginal peoples. Enjoy the interesting Northern Melbourne suburbs now a wonderful mix of cultures. If you like, take an airport bus to one of the hotels shown close by the airport and build your bike before heading out. Cycle into Melbourne via Docklands and the Yarra River enjoying the river views and the wonderful Melbourne culture of this cycle friendly city.
Best Things about This Ride
- The green corridor with parks and trees
- Views of the city and surrounds and you cycle
- Jacana wetlands
- The Railway trestle bridge
- The community gardens and Art
- 5 Mile Creek Reserve
- Beautiful Edwardian homes
- Have your first Melbourne coffee at one of the wonderful city cafe’s
Things to Watch out for
There is a 2km section, after the accommodation as you approach and go under the Ring Road freeway. Take care on this section.