29km, Flat, Easy, Family, Loop ride, Cycle Path/Quiet Roads, Unsealed.
Circle Ballarat to the historic town of Buninyong! Feel the history of the Gold Rush as you cycle past the Eureka Stockade and along the rivers where gold planing took place. Ride through forests, past lakes and find great coffee shops and places for lunch. Stop at Sovereign Hill and take time after your ride to explore the center of Ballarat and its beautiful buildings. There is plenty to enjoy
Best Things about This Ride
- Cycle past the Eureka Stockade, the only armed rebellion in Australia
- Learn the interesting history of gold mining in Ballarat and the Eureka Stockade.
- See the site of the first gold discovery at Canadian Creek.
- Follow the Buninyong Trail to the old township of Buninyong which was the original regional city
- Se the site of the old Chinese villages where fresh produce was grown for the miners
- Take a side trip to Sovereign Hill
- Enjoy the Canadian Lakes
- Join the goldfields track through Buninyong
- Stop for coffee
- Follow the gold washing along the Yarrowee River Trail
- Love the beautiful Ballarat Woolen and Worsted Co building
- Take time to explore Ballarat and its wonderful architecture.
Things to Watch out for
Cycle this route anytime – in winter pick a sunny day and you will love it!