26km, Flat, Easy
This is a spectacular coastal rail trail that goes right along the beach. Following the railway easement that was built to supply coal to Victoria there is interesting history, old towns, crashing oceans and rolling country views.
Best Things about This Ride
- The Kilcunda Wooden Trestle bridge
- The State Coal Mine where you can go underground to get a first class view of the mining techniques used
- Beautiful ocean views and rolling green countryside
- The whale jawbones at Taberner’s pub in Wonthaggi
- Country racing at Woolamai.
- The General Store for lunch in Kilcunda
Learn More about Rail Trails Australia