164km (incl off Rail Trail section), Flat/Hilly, Medium, Unsealed, One Way ride, Rail Trail and Quiet roads.
This Rail Trail is in a class of its own! It’s a fun ride on a rough surface with lots to see along the way. The views to the ranges are great, we loved the horses and the old buildings in the towns are fantastic. Gravel grinders and those who like a challenge will love this Rail Trail. It has heaps of free camping, many motels and friendly country pubs for dinner. It’s quite a climb to Yarraman so you may prefer to start there and enjoy the downhill
Best Things about This Ride
- The fantastic old towns
- The run downhill through the valleys
- Wonderful old pubs
- The restored stations with trains, parks and picnic areas alongside.
- Free Camping
- Trestle bridges
- Fun technical ride which changes all the time
- The friendly horses
- Cafes, crafts, markets and so much to see
- Beautiful views of the Esk river
- The 164 km journey
Things to Watch out for
Cycle this route anytime – in summer it can be very hot and bushfire threat will be high. So watch the weather and choose autumn, winter or spring