45kms, Flat, Medium
Head out of Inverloch along the coastal Bunurong Cliffs with views of the dramatic coast. Take time to visit the old coal mining town of Wonthaggi that powered Victoria in the early 1900’s. Loop back through the countryside via the dairy herds.
Best Things about This Ride
Visit all of the great little bays and beaches.
Find a fossil at Eagles Nest, well known for Australia’s first Dinosaur bone discovery.
Swim between the flags at Cape Paterson .
Head to Harmers Haven, a pretty beachside Hamlet, and onto Wonthaggi which means “home” in Bunurong.
Visit the State Coal Mine Heritage Area and Museum with underground tours.
Have lunch in the Wonthaggi .
Cycle Home on quiet country roads past the Dairy farms.
Things to Look Out For
Cycle on the left hand side of the road.
Roads are often busy in peak holiday periods and this ride is best saved for quieter times.
- Short DescriptionRide the Bunurong cliffs with Coastal views. Go through small towns with great beaches. Loop home via lovely inland country roads
- Trip PlanningLoop Ride. Cafes along the way
- StartInverloch; finish Inverloch
- Distance45 kms
- Time4 hours
- GradientMostly Flat
- TrafficQuiet Country Roads
- SurfaceSealed, Unsealed Medium