211 km one way, Easy Train return, Flat/Hilly, Easy/Medium, Sealed/Unsealed, Roads/Cycle Paths, 20hrs.
Experience the sights, sounds and tastes of the wonderful coast just south of Sydney. Drop off the spectacular escarpment to swim in the beautiful beaches, visit wineries, stop in cafes, picnic, visit museums and find the whitest sand in the world. And all by bicycle. This cycle takes you through charming country towns, along rugged coastlines, through National Parks and gets you up close to native animals.
Best Things about This Ride
- Royal National Park.
- Swimming when its hot.
- Whale watching in Winter in Jervis Bay
- The Kiama Blowhole and coastal walk
- Nan Tien Temple – the biggest Bhuddist temple in the southern hemisphere.
- The local wildlife up close.
- Sea Cliff Bridge
- Old Churches, local shops and pubs.
- Berry Historic township.
- Wonderful beachside camp sites
Things to Watch out for
Cycle this route anytime – in winter pick a sunny day and you will love it!
Be self sufficient – take water and know how to fix a flat tyre.
Could be busy in holiday season. Accommodation and camping can be hard to find.
- Short DescriptionExperience the sights, sounds and tastes of the wonderful coast just south of Sydney. Drop off the spectacular escarpment to swim in the beautiful beaches, visit wineries, stop in cafes, picnic, visit museums and find the whitest sand in the world.
- Trip Planning211km one way, Train return
- RegionNSW South Coast
- StartWaterfall Station, Return from Bomaderry Station
- Distance211km one way
- Time20 hours, allow time for ferry that you must prebook
- GradientFlat Hilly
- AccessTrain to Waterfall, Train return from any station on the NSW South Coast Line
- TrafficCycle Paths/Quiet Roads - some can be busy in holiday periods.
- SeasonsAll, come to see the whales in winter, swim in summer.