32 km Loop, Flat/Hilly, Easy, Sealed/Unsealed, Rail Trail and Roads, 3 hours.
Enjoy the Rail Trail with its dense forests, big trees many birds and wildlife. Then cycle up the valleys and along the Grand Ridge Road with its wonderful panoramic views. This loop can be cycled in any direction with great stops for lunch. You will be spoilt for Cafe choices.
Best Things about This Ride
- A loop ride including the Rail Trail and quiet roads.
- Lovely historic town of Mirboo North with it’s brewery, bakery and cafes.
- Grand Ridge Road with its ridge views
- Potato growing
- Wonderful roses in Baromi Park.
- Steep cuttings on the Rail Trail
- Forests with huge trees – note the rainfall!
- Learn how snails are farmed.
- The bridges put in after the Delburn Fires.
- Boolarra township with its wide park and great old buildings.
Things to Watch out for
Cycle this route anytime – in winter pick a sunny week and you will love it!
Be self sufficient – take water and know how to fix a flat tyre.
You need to watch out for bush fire and DO NOT start this ride if fires are forecast.