100 km one way, Flat/a little hilly, Medium, Sealed/Unsealed, 10hr.
Cycle from Bairnsdale to Orbost to see the amazing Trestle bridges as they loom out of the bush. Experience the birds, views, animals, forests and the friendly country towns with great produce.
Best Things about This Ride
- The trestle bridges – seeing them loom out of the bush from a cycle perspective is quite an experience!
- The wilderness of this cycle – get truly away from it all
- Animals and birds. Wombats and wallabies.
- The little towns with great coffee
- The history including the old malt and corn silos
- Good country hospitality whether you are looking for a farmstay, motel, B&B or a great place to camp.
Things to Watch out for
Cycle this route anytime – in winter pick a sunny day and you will love it!
Be self sufficient – take water and know how to fix a flat tyre.
Some unsealed sections are rough so bring a hybrid or mountain bike
Watch the fire warnings and take them seriously.