185km, Hilly, Easy/Medium
You start by the wild sea, cycle through the hills and finish at Port Welshpool. This ride is full of great experiences with many small, arty villages with great food and accommodation to suit all budgets. From the start in Cowes on Phillip Island you take a journey through the very best that Gippsland has to offer. This ride has a wonderful mix of experiences, views and home grown hospitality. It’s filled with home grown produce, hand made arts and crafts and great country. There so much to explore and you can finish in Port Welshpool for fish and chips looking over the Long Jetty and the National Parks.
Best Things about This Ride
- Arts, beaches and bushland of Phillip Island
- Views to Wilsons Promontory
- Spectacular Bunurong coastal cliffs and coves
- Koonwarra home to the slow food movement
- Beachside hamlet of Inverloch
- Rolling Green Dairy farms
- Century old Trestle bridges
- Fish Creek which is known to be ‘unusually’ arty
- The bush, birds and Australian Native animals
- The Emporium at Buffalo
- The little towns that time forgot
- Port Welshpool fish and chips looking over the National Parks.
Things to Watch out for
Plan your trip, including the return. Australian Cycling holidays rent bikes with panniers for all ages for this ride. We can help you transport bikes. Call to book on 0468 390 224. Link to Blueberry Hills for return to Leongatha.
Take a jumper and a raincoat regardless of the weather when you start out – it is Victoria!