13 km One Way, Flat/Hilly, Easy, Unsealed, Rail Trail, 1 hours.
Cycle through the forests and cuttings of this historic area and enjoy the huge trees, many birds and native animals. This very pretty Rail Trail links the two outstanding towns of Mirboo North and Boolarra. It does not matter which way you cycle you will be spoilt for Cafe choices.
Best Things about This Ride
- Lovely historic town of Mirboo North.
- Mirboo North brewery, bakery and great cafes
- Wonderful roses in Baromi Park.
- Steep cuttings
- Forests with huge trees – note the rainfall!
- The bridges put in after the Delburn Fires.
- Boolarra township with its wide park and great old buildings.
- Have apicnic at the the parks at either end of the trail. They are both beautiful
Things to Watch out for
Cycle this route anytime – in winter pick a sunny week and you will love it!
It is all downhill Mirboo North to Boolarra.
Be self sufficient – take water and know how to fix a flat tyre.
You need to watch out for bush fire and DO NOT start this ride if fires are forecast.