122km, One Way, Flat, Easy, Rail Trail, 12 hours.
Cycle the longest Rail Trail in Australia through lovely valleys, wide open farmland with sweeping vistas all the way from Tallarook to Mansfield. Love the farms, blue mountains, the Cheviot Tunnel, the picnic areas and charming country towns. It is perfect for your first cycle tour or one to simply enjoy!
Best Things about This Ride
- Wonderful iconic Australian vistas.
- Lots of towns and tiny places to stop and explore. Yea, Tallarook, Bonnie Doon, Molesworth, Merton and more!
- The Cheviot Tunnel
- The bridge at Bonnie Doon
- Mansfield Railway Station complete with original light fittings.
- Yarck home to the Giddy Goat, Yarck Pies and the Yarck hotel. Stop a while and enjoy!
- Beautiful side trips through the wetlands and park lands.
- Fun parks for the kids to play. Lots of short trips.
- Mertons Gap and the views
- Great trail surface – solid and fast
- Camping areas with horse corrals.
Things to Watch out for
Cycle this route anytime – in winter pick a sunny week and you will love it! In summer watch for the cooler days. .