50km, Flat, Medium
Tour through wetlands, lakes and sparkling beaches. Visit Flagstaff Hill, cycle along Australian Industry World, take a side trip to Nan Tien Buddhist Temple, stop for coffee or a play at the park and finish at the Kiama blowhole. And it’s all so close to Sydney.
Best Things about This Ride:
Start at the Flagstaff Hill Lighthouse with its history, beach views and many cafes.
See Australian Industry World where the Port Kembla smelters and Ports are located.
Enjoy the Museum and book a tour if your timing is right.
Enjoy the wetlands, river inlets and beaches
Tour the forests and dramatic Cathedral Rocks coastline
Visit the Blowhole at Kiama which means where the sea makes a noise.
Things to Look Out For:
Cycle on the left hand side of the road.
Walk through the Nan Tien Temple out of respect for this large Buddhist community.
Take care to Swim between the flags
- Short DescriptionHistory, Industry, Nan Tien Temple, Dramatic Coastline, Kiama Blowhole
- Trip PlanningOne Way, for a longer ride this links to Sydney Escarpment Escape
- RegionSouthern NSW
- StartNorth Wollongong; Finish Kiama
- Time5 hours
- AccessCar Train both start and finish
- TrafficCycle Path, Quiet Roads