26 km Loopy, Hilly, Medium, Sealed, Road, 3 hours.
This ride is all about the views. It is a wonderful sealed loop on quiet roads that climbs up a lovely green valley to the Grand Ridge with panoramic views. A great addition to a weekend cycling in the area. Ride the Grand Ridge Rail Trail and stay a while to explore this section of the Grand Ridge Road, one of the most iconic tour rides in Victoria.
Best Things about This Ride
- The sweet ease of cycling on a sealed surface!
- The valley that climbs up past the turnoff to Barktown
- Grand Ridge Road where you feel ontop of the world.
- The bus and the bus stop
- Views to the Latrobe Valley
- Boolarra township with its wide park and great old buildings.
- Have a picnic at the the park in Boolarra
Things to Watch out for
Cycle this route anytime – in winter pick a sunny week and you will love it!
It is best to cycle in an anti clockwise direction as the hills are easier.
Be self sufficient – take water and know how to fix a flat tyre.