172km, Flat/Hilly, Medium
Start with a beautiful, rolling country run, and country style mailboxes, across to Casino in the Richmond Valley. Then cycle off to cattle country where history, cattle farms and state forests meet. Follow the footsteps of our pioneers to the river port of Lawrence and cruise into Grafton along the fantastic towns that grace the Clarence river banks.
Best Things about This Ride
- Rolling green countryside to start the sector
- Expansive cattle runs
- All of the different forest types
- Camp at Whiporie for free and enjoy a hamburger!
- Port township of Lawrence where you can camp at the pub.
- Fantastic cycling through the old river ports
- Wonderful buildings in towns untouched by time
- The wealthy old town of Grafton
- Old country Architecture
- Short DescriptionCountry views, Cattle Stations, State forests, Wildlife, Historic Port towns
- Trip PlanningOne Way, no mobile phone coverage, need to plan food and water
- RegionNSW Northern
- StartLismore, Grafton
- Time12 hours
- AccessCar Train both start and finish
- TrafficQuiet Country Roads
- SurfaceSealed, Unsealed Good
- SeasonsAutumn, Winter, Spring, Summer is HOT