48km, Flat, Easy
Tour through the countryside of the Mornington Peninsula to the Phillip Island ferry at Stony Point. Be surprised by the Ramsar listed wetlands, the cycle over the top of the world’s southernmost mangroves, the bushlands and the small towns with lots of lovely spots for lunch.
Best Things about This Ride
- Beach at Carrum for a swim between the flags
- Bushland, wetlands and parks.
- Wonderful ride over the world’s southernmost mangroves
- Interesting towns, historical buildings and markets
- Artworks including the giant chrome Gnome
- Aboriginal History and stories
Things to Watch out for
This ride is nearly all on cycle path. There is one 4km ‘black spot’. You will need to take care but there is a verge.
- Short DescriptionLovely countryside of the Monington Peninsula, Bushland, Ramsar Wetlands, southernmost mangroves, country towns, markets, cafe's
- Trip PlanningOne Way, Train back or Ferry to Cowes
- StartCarrum or Stony Point
- Time4.5 hours
- AccessCar Train
- TrafficCycle Path, Quiet Roads - one busy section
- SurfaceMostly Sealed, Unsealed Good