232km, Hilly, Medium, Sealed/Unsealed, One Way ride, Quiet roads.
Climb up the escarpment from the coast to the high plains that surround Canberra at 580m. The road follows old Wool Road which used to take wool down to the ports. Braidwood is little changed from its gold mining days and along the route you will find old country pubs where you can have a chat with the locals.
Best Things about This Ride
- The challenging climb upto Sassafras Gap.
- Views of the coastal plains and beyond.
- Old pubs, great beer and friendly people.
- Historic City of Braidwood.
- Backroads to Canberra through the National Parks
- The ever changing landscapes
- Sweeping country vistas
Things to Watch out for
Cycle this route anytime – it can be hot in summer and cold in winter
Watch for Fire warnings and don’t leave if the day is hot and windy
Take water with you – there is nothing along the way between eth towns.