74km, Mountainous, Remote
Cycle up to the Grand Ridge Road, enjoy the views of the world renowned Wilsons Promontory as you climb 500m in elevation. Love the fantastic Majestic Forests of the Grand Ridge Road with ferns, trees and local birds.
Best Things about This Ride
Can you tell that this is one of my favourite riding areas? (Director Cycle Wayz)
Start with the old town of Toora which has all of its old buildings in original condition.
Climb to the Grand Ridge Road with great views of Wilsons Prom and Bass Coast.
The forest ride along the Grand Ridge Road is the best – Ferns, Huge Gum Trees, Wildlife, Swirling Clouds and more!
Look to the North with views of the Australian Alps.
Enjoy the History of the area with the old settlements.
Drop off the Grand Ridge to Foster with 3D views along the way.
Things to Look Out For
Take water and your lunch as there are no facilities on the way. 3 litres of water is recommended; snacks, fruit and a substantial lunch are recommended.
Cycle on the left hand side of the road.
Bushfire risk- Do not cycle this route if the weather is hot and dry with winds.
There is no mobile coverage along the route.
- Short DescriptionThis ride combines Prom Country with its stunning coastline views and the Majestic Forests of the Grand Ridge Road 500m above the cycle start.
- Trip PlanningLoop Ride, No food and water only at Toora and Foster
- Distance73.6 kms
- Time6 hours
- GradingRemote no mobile phone coverage
- TrafficQuiet Country Roads
- SurfaceSealed, Unsealed Medium
- SeasonsAll, watch for bushfires