97 kms, Flat, Medium
Ride out of Stratford towards the beautiful small towns of the Australian Riviera. See the dairy farms, rivers and country scenery as you cycle along. Enjoy the green oasis of the Cowwarr Weir.
Best Things about This Ride
The many Country Towns you pass along the way and their interesting historical buildings and memorials
Stop for a coffee or drink and chat to the locals.
Get up close to the vegetable and dairy farming along the way.
Cross picturesque Thomson, Macalister and Avon Rivers.
Learn about the Maffra born Rowley brothers, Keith and Max – great Australian Cyclists of the 1940’s and 50’s
The Seaton letterbox line up, so typical of country Australia.
The lovely Cowwarr Weir with a beautiful green campsite
Things to Look Out For
Cycle on the left hand side of the road.
Listen for the occasional Milk truck and cars.
Some roads can be busy at Holiday times of the year.
- Short DescriptionExplore the Historical Country Towns of the Gippsland Plains, Forests, Lakes
- Trip PlanningOne Way loop when combined with Gippsland Plains Rail Trail
- StartStratford or Traralgon
- Distance96.9 kms
- Time6.5 kms
- AccessCar, Train
- TrafficQuiet Country Roads
- SurfaceSealed, Unsealed Medium