19 km one way, Flat, Easy. 54 km return to Hobart City including Clarence Foreshore North.
This cycle is full of natural beauty with river beaches and bushland to hilltop vistas and rural scences.
Best Things about This Ride
- Some of southern Tasmania’s most stunning scenery
- Spring flowers
- Great cycling path with no traffic
- Cafes and picnic spots along the way
- Views across to Hobart
- Old forts built to protect Hobart from invasions.
Things to Watch out for
Walk over the Tasman Bridge – it can be quite windy up there and the path is narrow with low fencing. You will enjoy the view better if you walk.
Take a jumper and a rain jacket.
- Short DescriptionAs you wind along this foreshore ride you will love the stunning scenery, spring flowers, great old homes and all the views of Hobart and Mt Wellington
- Trip PlanningOne Way or Return ride, links to North Clarence Foreshore
- StartHobart City
- Distance38km return, 52km if you include Clarence Foreshore North
- Time4 to 6 hours
- GradientFlat Hilly
- AccessCar, Bike hire in Hobart
- TrafficCycle paths and Roads
- SeasonsAll, check forecast