24 km return, Flat/hilly, Medium.
Cycle through Battery Point and then south along the beautiful Derwent River to the highest Shot Tower in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy the historic journey as you cycle Long Beach in the footsteps of Charles Darwin, find the oldest known Tasmanian settler grave and climb the final hill to the shot tower.
Best Things about This Ride
- Climb the Shot Tower for great views
- Views across Sandy Bay
- Long Beach
- The stories of the famous actor Errol Flynn
- Enjoy the old churches, lighthouse and buildings
- Taroona Beach with cliff and river views
Things to Watch out for
Take a jumper and a rain jacket.
- Short DescriptionTake yourself off to a different time, along the beaches and up the hill to the Shot Tower. Test your legs and climb the stairs to spectacular views.
- Trip PlanningOne Way Ride
- StartHobart City
- Distance24 km return
- Time3 hours
- GradientFlat Hilly
- AccessCar, Bike hire in Hobart
- TrafficRoad - mostly quiet if you do this early
- SeasonsAll, check forecast