1368km, Hilly/Mountainous, Hard, Sealed/Unsealed, One Way ride, Quiet roads/Rail Trails/Cycle Paths.
What a varied ride and all away from the traffic! You will explore stunning beaches, rolling countryside, high plains, historical country towns and spectacular temperate rain forests. Get up close to Australian native animals, reptiles and birds. Love the fresh air, great food and clear skies. This ride has some challenging sectors and you will need to plan using the information given in the app. There is so much to love about this ride especially the pubs in the middle of nowhere!
Best Things about This Ride
- The variety of cycling with so many different experiences
- Friendly people along the way.
- Jervis Bay home to the whitest sand in the world.
- Stunning temperate rain forests of East and Central Gippsland
- The old towns that time forgot – each with their own particular character
- Funny letter boxes!
- Great camping, restaurants and cafes
- Amazing back country pubs
- Cycling into Melbourne along the beaches
- Bunurong Cliffs and its wild stunning beaches
- Fairy Penguin Parade at Philip Island
- The native animals
Things to Watch out for
Best Time to cycle this route is Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec and Mar/Apr/May. Winter the high plains around Canberra and Eden Monaro are very cold and in summer there can be very hot bushfire weather. Check your forecasts before you go.
- Short DescriptionExplore stunning beaches, rolling countryside, high plains, historical country towns and spectacular temperate rain forests. And silly letterboxes of course!
- Trip PlanningOne Way Ride
- RegionSouthern NSW and Gippsland
- StartSydney (Waterfall) or Melbourne City
- Time2-3 weeks
- GradientFlat Hilly Mountainous
- GradingMedium with some hard sectors
- AccessSydney or Melbourne Airport
- TrafficQuiet Country Roads
- SeasonsAutumn/early Summer and Late summer/Spring