217km, Flat/Hilly, Medium/Hard
This ride has everything. Rivers, National Parks, beaches, mountains and the most fantastic Myall Lakes. You ride upto an amazing lookout with 360 degree hinterland views and through the National park on closed roads, especially for cyclists, to the idyllic lake views. Then you cycle through the old towns before crossing to Newcastle by ferry, enjoying the wonderful panorama of this historic city.
Best Things about This Ride
- The beautiful heritage listed Myall Lakes
- 360 Degree views of the coast and hinterland
- Beautiful birds
- Great sand dunes
- Whale Watching in season.
- Historical towns with their unusual architecture
- Ferry across the river
Things to Watch out for
If you plan to camp in the Myall Lakes National Park you will need to take water and food. There is no drinkable water or food in the area. It is very beautiful!
- Short DescriptionThis is a wonderful ride with something for everyone from rivers, Myall Lakes National Park, huge sand dunes, wonderful views and great camping
- Trip PlanningOne way, train at Taree, Flights and train at Newcastle
- RegionNSW Central Coast
- StartTaree or Newcastle
- Time20 hours
- AccessCar, Airports, Train
- TrafficCycle Path, Quiet Roads
- SurfaceMostly Sealed, Unsealed Good
- SeasonsAll, winter is fantastic - great weather no people, whales!