120km, Hilly/Mountainous, Hard, Sealed/Unsealed, One Way ride, Quiet roads.
This is a ride for those who like a hill. Its a fun cycle up 700 m of climbing to the highest point of the Grand Ridge Road where you can enjoy the forests and the views from the top of the world! A most amazing cycle back down through the Tarra Bulga forests and then into the farmlands of the hilly Southern Strzelecki Ranges. This is a challenging, but beautiful, cycle with nightly food, water and the lovely township of Yarram.
Best Things about This Ride
- The great views as you climb to the top of the Grand Ridge Road
- Staying in the cool heights of the Grand Ridge Road at Tarra Bulga
- Beautiful temperate Rain forests
- Funny letter boxes!
- Lovely town of Yarram and its great camping, restaurants and cafes
- The wonderful southern Strzeleckis
- The pub that welcomes as you arrive into Welshpool
Things to Watch out for
Cycle this route anytime – in winter pick a sunny week and you will love it! Watch out for hot, bushfire weather in summer
- Short DescriptionClimb to the Grand Ridge Road where you can enjoy the forests and the views from the top of the world! Then cycle to the farmlands of the hilly Southern Strzelecki Ranges.
- Trip PlanningOne Way Ride
- StartWelshpool or Rosedale
- Time10 hours
- AccessCar at Welshpool, train at Rosedale
- TrafficQuiet Roads can be busy in summer
- SeasonsAll - pick your days in Summer(hot) and Winter (cold).