60km, Flat, Medium.
Leave the hustle and bustle of the city to tour the Waterways of Melbourne as you cycle to Jells Park along the Yarra River, Scotchman’s Creek and Gardiners Creek. After lunch cycle to the beach along Dandenong Creek to colourful Carrum Beach.
Best Things about This Ride
- Start in the city and see the rowers gliding along the Yarra.
- See the river life and artworks, enjoy the riverside parklands and stop for a coffee as you tour along.
- Enjoy the Australian bush along the waterways with wetlands, parklands and natural bushlands.
- Have great views of the Dandenong ranges.
- Stop for lunch at Jells Park, nestled in the Dandenong Creek Valley
- Follow Dandenong Creek and pass the National Water Centre in Carrum. On the weekends the water skiers practice their acrobatics.
- Finish at Carrum Beach, enjoy a swim between the flags and take a train back to Melbourne
Things to Look Out For
Track is a shared path so go slow past pedestrians.
Cycle on the left hand side of the road.
Scotchman’s Creek section goes through suburban streets so look out for the signs and ‘Follow the dot’ on the app.
- Short DescriptionRivers, Creeks, Bushlands, Parks, Cafés, Beaches
- Trip PlanningOne Way Loop with train return from Carrum.
- StartFlinders St Station; Carrum Station
- Distance59.3 kms
- Time5 hours
- GradientMostly Flat
- AccessCar, Train
- TrafficCycle Path, Quiet Roads
- SurfaceSealed, Unsealed Medium