Cycling Holidays in Australia
There is no better way to see Australia than by bike, especially when all you have to do is pedal along on one of our stunning cycling tours.
Take it all in at Your Pace
Connect with the locals and the landscape on the cycle paths, quiet country roads and small tracks.
Start and stop when you want to – enjoy new challenges and new surprises at a pace that suits you!
Love the Accomodation
Stay in carefully selected accommodation where you find your luggage when you arrive.
Relax knowing all you have to do is call us whenever the need arises.
So take a break and explore the beautiful Bass Coast, Gippsland, Illawarra and Shoalhaven districts by bicycle. Easy access for a weekend getaway from Sydney or Melbourne.
Still not quite sure what you want to do? Send us an email and we’ll help you make the right choice.
Cycling Holiday Styles
Everyone has different needs, tastes and budgets, and that’s why we offer a variety of self guided Touring Styles for our trips.
Luxury Cycling Holidays
As the name suggests, these tours stay only at the most luxurious accommodation places, generally 4* or higher hotels, B&Bs and Guest Houses.
Family Cycling Holidays
Specifically for groups travelling with children, these tours offer shorter days, more breaks, and family accommodation. See our Family Friendly Holidays page.
Leisure Cycling Holidays
Most of our longer tours fall into the Leisure Tour category. Accommodation is chosen suitable to the location, using a mixture of 2, 3 and 4* hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and cabins.
Backpacker Budget Cycling Holidays
We offer Tour Bike Hire Packages. Base your tour around our set bike package drop off and pick up points and use the Cycle Wayz app to choose your ride, book your accommodation and navigate the route. Read More
All our Cycling Holidays start at key public transport locations, so that they are easy to access regardless of whether or not you have a car. Your personalised itinerary that you receive when you book will include details on how to get to the start point of your ride.
Australian Cycling Holidays will meet you at the start point of your tour on the first day to set you up with your bikes and equipment, and to collect your luggage. All our bicycles come with handlebar panniers suitable for carrying small personal belongings, snacks and light jumpers. Rear panniers are available on request.
At this time, we will also provide you with the maps and ride notes for your trip, and we will explain the highlights and key points on your ride. Places to eat, places of interest, and public toilets are all marked on your maps, along with some recommendations along the way.
Each day, your luggage will be transferred to your night’s accommodation by 3:00pm at the latest. Please ensure that your luggage is well labelled, and leave it at reception each morning ready for pick up.
Every day, your tour will take you through a variety of cities, towns and villages. In most places, there are plenty of dining choices and your hotel or B&B can advise you of the best locations to eat. However, in some places food options may be limited during the day, so please make sure your read your notes and plan ahead!
Tours will always finish at a hotel or cafe close to a public transport hub. Australian Cycling Holidays will meet you at the finish point for a celebratory drink, to collect the bikes, and return your luggage. Return to the start point is by train or coach.
During the holiday, if anything goes wrong then please call us. We can send someone out to help if you need assistance in changing a tyre, and we’re great with helping you get back on track if you’ve lost your way. Our job is to make sure that you have a smooth and hassle-free holiday!
If you have any questions about your cycling holiday please just drop us a line, as we are very happy to help. We look forward to welcoming you on one of our wonderful tours!
- First you choose a tour that interests you from the menu on the right. In some cases. the Tour will have multiple styles, so you can choose between Luxury, Mid-Price and Budget tours.
- Once you have chosen your tour, fill out the Booking Form or send us an email. It’s not necessary for you to fill out all the fields immediately if you don’t know all the details yet, but the more information you provide the better we can assist you.
- Once we have received your booking request, we will confirm availability for your requested dates, and send you your personalised itinerary for the Tour. The itinerary provides a day-by-day outline of the tour, including accommodation venues, what terrain and countryside you can expect for the day, recommendations for food and breaks, as well as details of any other inclusions on the tour such as boat transfers.
- If you are ready to go ahead with the booking, we will send you an invoice. This must be paid by Credit Card or direct transfer in order to finalise your booking.
- For further details, including Terms and Conditions, please see the Booking Form.