3 Rail Trails Cycle Experience
Enjoy a cycle away from the traffic. Bring your friends, your family or your club and explore the historic southern Gippsland Rail Trails. You can choose to bring your own bikes, book your own accommodation or have Australian Cycling Holidays look after the lot! See our pricing options below.
4 days of amazing cycling with your choice of accommodation booked, bicycles supplied and/or bicycle transfers with Australian Cycling Holidays. Prices are given for Groups of 3 adults or our Family Special which includes 2 adults and upto 4 children 15 years and under. Please ask us about larger groups or families!
This cycle experience includes the Bass Coast, Great Southern and Grand Ridge Rail Trails. On the Bass Coast Rail Trail love cycling along the thunderous Bass Coast and over the century old Trestle Bridge at Kilcunda. Have some lunch and continue along to Wonthaggi and the State Coal Mine, if you like take an underground tour.
The Great Southern Rail Trail takes you through wonderful old towns full of Arts and Crafts, home grown produce, old buildings and fantastic views of the southern Strzelecki Ranges, Wilsons Promontory and emerald green countryside. Look out for wombats, Echidnas and wallabies as you cycle along. The colourful birds are a treat.
The Grand Ridge Rail Trail is a great cycle to the small town of Boolarra through the forests and trees. It is truly to be enjoyed. Boolarra is a little town full of history and great cafes. It has a huge park and playground just perfect for a picnic. Cycle return back up the hill to Mirboo North, home of the Grand Ridge Brewery. A perfect day to end your 3 Rail Trails Cycle Experience.
Starts: Woolamai start of Bass Coast Rail Trail .
Finishes: Each day is a day cycle. You will return to your booked accommodation. The last day will be the Grand Ridge Rail Trail and so the cycle will finish at Mirboo North.
Duration: 4 days / 3 nights
Total Distance: 125 km
Avg Distance: 31km
When to go? Any time.
Suitable for? Families, Couples, Groups. We assume you will have your own car with you so that we can meet you, with bikes on board, at the start of each Rail Trail every day.
Rating: Easy. This is a fairly gentle cycle experience, all on Rail Trails, with plenty of time to stop and relax.
Price: Includes up to 3 Adults. Family Special includes 2 Adults and upto 4 children 15 years and under. Ask us about groups of 4 or more adults or larger families.
*Pricing includes: 2 adults and up to 4 children family special; or up to 3 adults (1 Queen bed + 1 Single bed)
*Tour must be done on consecutive days *Breakfast is not included *15% surcharge applies to Long Weekends and breakfast will be included due limited availability.
4-day cycle experience.
3-nights’ accommodation at Inverloch Cycle and Stay or Alkira Leongatha.
4 days’ hire of bikes and all cycling equipment.
Bike delivery and pick up at start and end of each day. Car transfer.
Detailed, full colour maps and ride notes. Cyclewayz App cyclist guide with inbuilt GPS navigation.
Come Cycle the Great Southern Bass Coast and Grand Ridge Rail Trails. All close to the holiday centers of Inverloch, Cowes and the beautiful old towns of Leongatha, Korumburra and Mirboo North. You can choose to bring your own bikes, book your own accommodation or have Australian Cycling Holidays look after the lot!
- Journey through history along the old Railway easements which have been converted to a rail trail for walkers, cyclists and horse riders.
- Enjoy the:
- Great Southern Rail Trail Leongatha to Port Welshpool and enjoy the arty foodie towns. 35km/day for 2 days
- Grand Ridge Rail Trail and cycle the whole length of this historic journey through the beautiful forests of the Strzelecki Ranges. 26km return
- Bass Coast Rail Trail a challenge ride of over 75 km per day through the Strzelecki Ranges along the rail trail hinterland.
- Taste the fantastic wines and local produce that Gippsland is famous for.
- Love the vistas of lush green farmland and pristine seascapes.
- Enjoy the birds and local wildlife in the forests.
- Visit the home of the slow food movement
- See the art and craft. Take time to see the galleries.
- Love the thundering Bass Coast as you cycle on the only beach side Rail Trail in Australia
- Enjoy the Alison Lester Bookshop at Fish Creek.
- Appreciate the old country towns of yesteryear and their architecture.
- Take a tour underground at the Wonthaggi State Coal Mine and find out what life was like for the miners in the 1900’s.
- Fossick for treasure at the Buffalo Emporium.
- Enjoy the ports with views of Corner Inlet and Wilsons Prom
- Grab some beer samples from the Mirboo North brewery high on the Grand Ridge Road.