40km, Flat/Hilly, Easy, Sealed/Unsealed, Loop ride, Cycle Path, Short sections quiet roads.
This wonderful loop takes you on a journey along the Yarra, Plenty and Darebin Rivers with views to the Dandenongs. Follow the artists of the Heidelberg School who painted early Australian landscapes and visit the Heide Museum of Modern Art. Learn the aboriginal history. love the cafes and parks.
Best Things about This Ride
- A loop ride on this easy cycle path.
- Riding through the bush along the rivers and beside billabongs.
- Views to the Dandenong ranges.
- The history of early Australian landscape art.
- Fun parks for the kids to play.
- Lots of places to stop for a coffee
- The ever changing landscapes
- Wetlands and bridges
- Lots of greenery to really enjoy – you wont feel you are in a big city.
Things to Watch out for
Cycle this route anytime – in winter pick a sunny week and you will love it!
- Short DescriptionA beautiful ride through the Banyule Bushlands along rivers and creeks with views to the Dandenongs. You wont feel you are cycling in the city!
- Trip PlanningLoop Ride
- RegionMelbourne City
- Startparking Belford Rd Kew; Darebin Station
- Time4 hours
- AccessCar or Train
- TrafficCycle paths and quiet roads
- SeasonsAll - pick a sunny day in winter