164km, Mountainous, Hard, Remote, Sealed/Unsealed, One Way Ride, Quiet roads.
This is a remote hard ride through the Namadgie National Park where the climbing is over 2,000m in the first day. Nothing wrong with pushing your bike a little on this ride! Great camping in the national park with lots of water. Watch for hot weather/bushfires in summer and snow/cold weather in winter. The views are amazing across the plains as you head to Cooma and we loved it!
Best Things about This Ride
- Namadgie National Park
- The big fish in Adaminaby.
- Views from Hospital Hill Lookout!
- Wonderful campsites and places to stop
- Great pub and bakery in Adaminaby
- Wide vistas
- Cooma and its cafes
Things to Watch out for
Cycle this route anytime- it can be very cold in winter and hot in summer. Do not start if the day is hot and windy due to bushfires
- Short DescriptionLeave Canberra and cycle the Namadgi National Park, a tough ride through fantastic country with lots of camping. Love Adaminaby and Cooma.
- Trip PlanningOne Way Ride
- RegionSouthern NSW/ACT
- StartCanberra or Cooma
- Time16 hours
- GradingHard Remote
- AccessCar or Bus
- TrafficQuiet Roads
- SurfaceUnsealed hard/sealed
- SeasonsAll: cold in winter and hot in summer especially February. Watch for bushfires