26 km Loopy, Hilly, Medium, Sealed, Road, 3 hours.
This ride is all about the views. It is a wonderful sealed loop on quiet roads that climbs up a lovely green valley to the Grand Ridge with panoramic views. A great addition to a weekend cycling in the area. Ride the Grand Ridge Rail Trail and stay a while to explore this section of the Grand Ridge Road, one of the most iconic tour rides in Victoria.
Best Things about This Ride
- The sweet ease of cycling on a sealed surface!
- The valley that climbs up past the turnoff to Barktown
- Grand Ridge Road where you feel ontop of the world.
- The bus and the bus stop
- Views to the Latrobe Valley
- Boolarra township with its wide park and great old buildings.
- Have a picnic at the the park in Boolarra
Things to Watch out for
Cycle this route anytime – in winter pick a sunny week and you will love it!
It is best to cycle in an anti clockwise direction as the hills are easier.
Be self sufficient – take water and know how to fix a flat tyre.
- Short DescriptionA wonderful loop that takes you to the Grand Ridge Road and back to Boolarra on quiet, sealed roads. Love the views and enjoy the fast cycle on this fantastically scenic, sealed loop.
- Trip PlanningLoop Ride
- Distance26km Loop
- Time3 hours
- TrafficQuiet Country Road
- SeasonsAll, pick your day in winter