95km, One Way, Flat, Easy, Rail Trail, Sealed, 10 hours.
The Murray to the Mountains Rail Trail goes from Wangaratta to Wandilogong, 5.5km past Bright. located in Victoria’s beautiful high country with great mountain views, wonderful vinyards, delightful towns and a sealed surface this is a lovely ride with lots of places to stop along the way. Have fun exploring the wineries, stop at the Bright Brewery and the cafes full of local produce. Look for the side to Beechworth: MTM Beechworth to Everton
Best Things about This Ride
- Vinyards and wine tastings
- Everton Bus stop where you will be happy to wait a while.
- The historic Wandilogong with Chinese Gold Mining
- Beautiful Bright and the Bright Brewery.
- The water park in Bright
- Autumn colours.
- The section far way from the roads between Wangaratta and Everton.
- Wide open blue skies and great mountain views
- The old tobacco Kilns
- Myrtleford with the big tree, the Phoenix tree and historic log tobacco kiln.
- Old Pubs and charming country towns
- Reliable, easy to use, facilities along the way.
Things to Watch out for
Cycle this route anytime – in winter pick a sunny week and you will love it! In summer wait for the cooler days.
- Short DescriptionLocated in Victoria's beautiful high country with great mountain views, wonderful vinyards, delightful towns and a sealed surface this is a lovely ride with lots of places to stop along the way.
- Trip PlanningOne way - side trip to Beechworth which comes off at Everton.
- RegionNorth East Victoria
- StartWangaratta or Bright
- Time10 hours
- AccessTrain at Wangaratta or car
- TrafficRail Trail
- SeasonsAll - watch for warm days in winter