71 km loop, Flat, Easy/Medium, Sealed, 5hrs.
Follow the Meander Valley out of Deloraine to cycle the stunning cliffs of the western tiers on quiet, back country roads that seem to be there just for the view. Take time, maybe the whole weekend to enjoy the beautiful local towns, wildlife and wonderful wineries. There are lots of places to stay – so like Tassie to have many historic homes to enjoy for the night and many campsites for those who love their tent.
Best Things about This Ride
- The views of Quamby Bluff.
- The cute fluffy Highlander Cows which came from Scotland.
- The old Cheshunt buildings
- Wonderful, quiet country roads!
- The local wildlife up close.
- Wildlife park
- Old Churches, local shops and pubs.
- Good country hospitality.
Things to Watch out for
Cycle this route anytime – in winter pick a sunny day and you will love it!
Be self sufficient – take water and know how to fix a flat tyre.
Could be busy from mole Creek back to Deloraine in the tourist season.
- Short DescriptionA wonderful cycle with non stop views of the Western Tiers on sealed, quiet country roads. Enjoy the old towns, take a cave tour and stop at the wineries.
- Trip PlanningLoop ride from Deloraine
- RegionTas North West
- Time5 hours
- TrafficLight, one section can be busy in summer
- SeasonsAll, pick your day in winter